Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 32 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8449 - 04/01/10 02:54 PM Video Analysis Software: Bowlers MAP v. Motionview
uffleshuffle Offline
forum member

Loc: Iowa
Does anyone have experience with Motionview analysis software? From the looks of it, it is not bowling specific, but seems to have more features than Bowlers MAP, and may have a smaller price tag. Obviously, as the side by side comparison is posted on the Motionview website, it may be a little biased, so I was wondering if any of you out there have experience with Motionview, or even both programs.
Are there any other programs out there that people may not be aware of that have worked well for any of you?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Uffman
Fremont, NE

#8455 - 04/04/10 08:01 PM Re: Video Analysis Software: Bowlers MAP v. Motionview [Re: uffleshuffle]
XMarksTheSpot Offline
forum member

I have used Motionview exclusively for 4 years - wouldn't trade it for the world.

It's worked great for individual lessons, team practices and clinics - especially for creating DVD's for bowlers to take with them (using another editing program to "clean up" video).

With long enough firewire cables (15ft) and one person to help, you can do front/side capture on the same shot at the same time... love that feature.

Can't beat it for the price - go motionview

#8458 - 04/09/10 04:28 PM Re: Video Analysis Software: Bowlers MAP v. Motionview [Re: XMarksTheSpot]
headdawg Offline
forum member

We bought MotionView Advanced this season and we found it very useful and user friendly.

#8468 - 04/13/10 12:21 PM Re: Video Analysis Software: Bowlers MAP v. Motionview [Re: headdawg]
D_Farish Offline
forum member

Loc: A bowling center somewhere
What "extra" features does it provide that BowlersMAP doesn't? What makes it stand out? We are looking into getting BowlersMAP for our pro shop, but if Motionview is cheaper and "better", that may be the way to go. Any other input out there?

#8470 - 04/13/10 04:01 PM Re: Video Analysis Software: Bowlers MAP v. Motionview [Re: D_Farish]
uffleshuffle Offline
forum member

http://www.bowlingcoachsystems.com/store_images/compare-bowlers-map-software.htm.php

This is a comparison of the features between BowlersMAP and Motionvew (not MotionPro, which is yet another option).

I'm guessing that one of the big benefits of BowlersMAP is having the Professional Library to compare to.

Is that worth the extra money? I guess that is up to you.

The two "Motion" programs are not bowling specific. They are used for just about ANY sport in which motion can and should be analyzed. For this reason, the price is a bit lower. Any time a product becomes marketed specifically, the prices usually go up. Get a "microfiber" towel in a bowling pro shop and it can be $15. Go to a local department store, go to the Auto Department and look for their car towels. They are microfiber too. If you run your hand over it and you feel it snag a little on your palm, it's a pretty good bowling towel. I got a pack of those that came out to less than $1 per towel...

Just something to think about.

Uffman

Edited by uffleshuffle (04/13/10 04:19 PM)
Fremont, NE

#8471 - 04/14/10 12:57 AM Re: Video Analysis Software: Bowlers MAP v. Motionview [Re: uffleshuffle]
da chink Offline
forum member

Loc: A Hicktown in Michigan!
If I remember correctly, http://www.dartfish.com/ this was the program that Fred Borden was speaking highly of after he finished his many years with Team USA.

http://www.buydartfish.com you can buy the product here, probably the most useful would be the Team PRO 5.5, http://www.buydartfish.com/dartfishteampro55.aspx
only selling for a robust $4,700. But with all the features available, it sure seems like the Ferrari of Video/Motion Capture software and Analyzing software. I would def. make room in the budget for it, if as a coach I had school money backing my team \:\) There's always the torrent method too, hehehe, just don't get caught :P

The Chink
Matt A. Roberts
GVSU Bowling Alumni

#8472 - 04/14/10 03:45 AM Re: Video Analysis Software: Bowlers MAP v. Motionview [Re: da chink]
Deano2810 Offline
forum member

Either way seeing yourself on video is worth the price. I know usa uses bmap but anything that uses video is helpful.

#8473 - 04/14/10 11:01 AM Re: Video Analysis Software: Bowlers MAP v. Motionview [Re: Deano2810]
uffleshuffle Offline
forum member

I can't imagine most college bowling teams setting aside $4,700 for video analysis equipment that is a luxury, not a requirement.
That being said, it definitely does help to have some kind of software. I say, get the $400-$700 stuff, and use the other $4,000 to send teams to a few more tournaments...

Uffman
Fremont, NE

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Generated in 0.207 seconds in which 0.157 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.