Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 38 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#608 - 02/03/07 05:35 AM Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold
WClefty Offline
forum member

Loc: Davis, CA
Just curious, from looking at the avgs. from the tourney, looks like the left side of the lane played pretty well? Just wanted to see what people who were there thought.

#609 - 02/03/07 04:03 PM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: WClefty]
KleShreen Offline
forum member

Loc: Bay City, MI
It was a house shot for lefties after the first game. Everyone else's 2nd/3rd game shots (when scores seemed to be highest) were on the left-side for the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th games and the 2nd/3rd games of sunday.

Strikes win games
Spares win tournaments
Brooklyn's win National Titles

#612 - 02/03/07 07:48 PM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: KleShreen]
BaLLSdEeP Offline
forum member

Loc: Indiana
If your gonna say that it was a lefties shot thats shitty...even though the top 3 were lefties those are some damn good lefties in the nation at that...Johnny P., Mike Doley, and my main man Collin Kerschner....kicked some serious ass in SB....

Dan "F-ing" Borne
Purdue University
-Doug Wiedman

#613 - 02/03/07 10:06 PM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: BaLLSdEeP]
KleShreen Offline
forum member

I'm aware that they are all amazing bowlers. But if you're going to try and say that the lefties as a whole didn't have a SIGNIFICANT advantage through 90% of the tournament, you need to open your eyes.

Either way, it's not a point to argue, because that's how things always are. There will always be a different shot on each side of the lane, and it just so happened that this time it worked to the lefties advantage. Sometimes it works to their disadvantage if it's a shot that needs to break down quickly for one to be successful on.

Strikes win games
Spares win tournaments

#614 - 02/04/07 12:51 AM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: KleShreen]
BaLLSdEeP Offline
forum member

Loc: Indiana
true ture...but the same thing can happen on the right side when the lanes open up and you need to wheel on it...you can watch the scores sky rocket from our canadian DMAC one of my own teammates knows how it feels to be laped by DMAC to win the Lexington tourney....not starting shit just some people have skill and if you hate on bowlers that are better than you it makes no sense to not give them the credit for bowling well...

DFB
Purdue University
-Doug Wiedman

#615 - 02/04/07 02:30 AM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: BaLLSdEeP]
KleShreen Offline
forum member

That's what I'm trying to say. Both sides have their share of advantages and disadvantages from tournament to tournament. I'm just saying that this happened to be one of the tournaments where the left side had an advantage, in general. It's not like I'm saying that the top 50 individuals were all left-handed and anyone who is able to drop a ball off their left hand whacked the shot. The great bowlers took advantage of what they were given for this particular tournament, and that's what makes them the great bowlers they are.

Strikes win games
Spares win tournaments

#620 - 02/05/07 11:00 AM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: KleShreen]
ToeBowler804 Offline
forum member

Loc: IL
Kyle...are you the same guy that got cocky with me Saturday afternoon crying about how not everyone was averaging 217?? Anyways I hate to tell you but if you played the gutter at all you would have found that the same shot was there for the righties, I had one pair that I misread on the gutter, but before that on sunday I went solid 230's....and when you can start bitching about the lefties is when you are the top righty....and guess what I dont think you were even close to being the top righty....so stop the bitching, I am tired of all this righty vs. lefty shit... quit crying and sac up, otherwise join another sport

"You have to learn how to lose, before you can win

#626 - 02/05/07 03:47 PM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: ToeBowler804]
I just aim left Offline
forum member

Loc: St Charles, MO
If you looked most of the right handed field didn't even try the gutter where they had the same hook spot that the leftside did. Yes it didn't last aslong which is too expected but the pattern played the same at the start. Congrats to Colin for winning and see everybody in indy in a few weeks

Newballz.com/forum

#631 - 02/05/07 05:06 PM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: I just aim left]
KleShreen Offline
forum member

Where the hell did you pick out that I was bitching about lefties having an easier shot? He asked what the shot was like at the tournament, I responded. I don't really care if the lefties had an easy shot. More power to them. I'll take my 198 average for the tournament and be ECSTATIC about it.

Christ, stop saying I said things when I didn't. I'm trying to give all the bowlers (particularly left handed bowlers) the props for knowing where to play and taking advantage of it, and you're saying I'm bitching about it? Get the fuck outta here.

Strikes win games
Spares win tournaments

#633 - 02/05/07 07:39 PM Re: Lane Conditions At Blue and Gold [Re: KleShreen]
ToeBowler804 Offline
forum member

Loc: IL
you say it right here....christ....dont gimmie that shit, suck it up, learn how to play what is given to you

"You have to learn how to lose, before you can win

Page 1 of 3 123>

Hop to:
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Generated in 0.219 seconds in which 0.162 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.