Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 33 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 10 of 10 « First<678910
Topic Options
#6207 - 02/26/09 09:43 AM Re: Predictions [Re: LarryB]
tgp3 Offline
forum member

Allentown

This section to me hinges a lot on how the left plays, with RIT, Berks, and Pikeville all having more than one typically playing for them at any given time. If the left looks good...I pick

RIT
Willy P
Pikeville
Webber/Berks (too close to call)

If the left looks bad...
RIT (Vick is so good it doesn't matter)
Willy P
Webber
RMU/St. Johns (I have to pick ourselves...right?)

Just Missing: My gut tells me its gonna be Berks on the outside looking in. But if the left is good that could all change.

Chattanooga (Holy Crap this place is wide open)
Saginaw
UCF
Vincennes
Purdue

Just Missing: RMC. Ordinarily I'd pick these guys to get out of any of the other sections, just a tough luck draw this year.

Fairview Heights
Wichita
Newman
Calumet
UNO

Just missing: I think it's gonna be Whitewater here. Schalow will get that team close.

Vegas (Another one that is very close to call)
McKendree
Fresno
UNLV
Lindenwood

Just Missing: ASU. Could be interesting, but I think Lindenwood still has enough talent with Dole and Brett to get into nationals.

Should be an interesting weekend across the board. Good Luck to Everyone!

#6209 - 02/26/09 11:27 AM Re: Predictions [Re: tgp3]
MoHeadBowler Offline
forum member

My predictions...

Vegas:
1. McKendree
2. UNLV
3. Lindenwood
4. North Texas

Fairview Heights:
1. Wichita
2. Newman
3. Calumet
4. Nebraska Omaha

Allentown:
1. Webber
2. RIT
3. William Patterson
4. St. Johns

Chatanooga:
1. Central Florida
2. Saginaw Valley
3. Morehead State
4. Vincennes

Good luck everybody!

Edited by MoHeadBowler (02/26/09 11:28 AM)

#6211 - 02/26/09 12:03 PM Re: Predictions [Re: rymac300]
thatsvsuguy816 Offline
forum member

Loc: Michigan
My predictions:

Allentown

Webber International
R.I.T
Pikeville
William Paterson

Chattanooga

Saginaw Valley
Vincennes
Central Florida
Morehead

Fairview Heights

Wichita
Newman
Calumet
Wright State

Las Vegas

Lindenwood
McKendree
Arizona State
Fresno State

#6212 - 02/26/09 12:04 PM Re: Predictions [Re: MoHeadBowler]
B-Red Offline
forum member

Alright, after 10 pages of reading I think I'm ready to post my picks... In no particular order, here we go...

Allentown:
1) RIT
2) Willy P
3) Pikeville
4) St. John's
Underdog: Webber

Chattanooga:
1) Saginaw
2) UCF
3) Purdue
4) Vincennes
Underdog: Robert Morris

Fairview Heights: (tough to pick)
1) Wichita
2) Newman
3) Calumet
4) UNO
Underdog: Kansas

Las Vegas:
1) McKendree
2) Lindenwood
3) Fresno
4) UNLV
Underdogs: UNT/West Texas

And now, my reasoning (not that it really matters, I guess I just like to hear myself talk)...

Allentown:
1) RIT: They have Dan Vick...enough said.
2) Willy P: Solid group of guys here. They'll grind it out and pull through.
3) Pikeville: Can't ever count these guys out.
4) St. John's: When they're hot, they're hot. Adam Chase has a look on anything, and I think his team's about to follow him and get hot at the right time.
5) Webber: Great players, great coaching, but will the young team be able to pull through?

Chattanooga:
1) Saginaw: 4 letters... DMAC
2) UCF: Awesome team. High energy and the drive and determination to go along with it. They'll pull through for sure.
3) Purdue: Very tough team. They can grind it out when it's tough and blow up when the lanes open. Can't count them out.
4) Vincennes: Another tough team. I think they can do it.
5) Robert Morris: Yet again, another solid team. Do they have what it takes to take over one of the last two spots?

Fairview Heights:
1) Wichita: They're just that good
2) Newman: Tough to beat and they've proven it.
3) Calumet: If they can keep their heads in it they'll make it for sure.
4) UNO: Phenomenal Baker team. I think they have what it takes.
5) Kansas: I was impressed with them at the Hoosier. But can they step up when it counts and bring the heat in the toughest section?

Las Vegas
1) McKendree: Solid talent and tough to beat. J.R. will pave the way and his team will follow.
2) Lindenwood: Even though they're short-handed they're still pretty deep. I'm not countin these guys out just yet. Dole, Brett, and Brad Miller will step up for sure.
3) Fresno: Another good Baker team. I never count these guys out of anything.
4) UNLV: (gotta pick my own team, right?) One guy from last years team red shirted a year, but we brought on some tough young talent. We'll compete.
5) UNT/West Texas: Couple underrated teams here. The guys can play. Can they back up the talk from earlier this season? This is the most open section, so anything can happen.

There ya have it...

DISCLAIMER: I apologize if I offended anyone by stating my opinion. I mean no harm or disrespect to anybody.

Best of luck to everybody!

Edited by B-Red (02/26/09 12:06 PM)

UNLV Bowling Team

K&K Bowling Services
http://www.kkbowl.com

#6218 - 02/26/09 03:44 PM Re: Predictions [Re: B-Red]
wtbuff Offline
forum member

I hope you don't think we were talkin trash because I'll be the first one to admit that we sucked early in the season lol!! Those rants were hilarious, I'm glad josh apologized because we don't need Mckendree coming into the sectional with anymore fire power lol. I just hope we can come in and bowl how we know we can. And to say that Vegas is easy-breezy if I have the quote right is unfair. Like I said earlier in this thread we haven't gotten the exposure. We have some badass teams out here and I would put UNLV and Fresno up against anybody in the east to be honest, hell I'd put my team up against ya'll and we may lose but I know we'd give everybody a hell of a run. Yeah some teams got a bad draw and ended up in ridiculous sectionals, but we're in sectionals for a reason and if everyone bowls how they know they can then any team in any sectional could win. As for JR, I know our team and you have had our problems but we don't hold anything against you man, I think the fact that you're confident pisses alot of people off because you have a swagger and carry yourself with confidence and I hope you don't let somebody take that away from you because I can see that your team feeds off that. Good luck to everybody and I hope that any more comments on here don't make people too butt-hurt.
#6223 - 02/26/09 10:46 PM Re: Predictions [Re: wtbuff]
Grundke27 Offline
forum member

Loc: Rochester, NY
How bout someone give some insight on the the women's side might play out...haha....

#6225 - 02/26/09 11:10 PM Re: Predictions [Re: rymac300]
Wicked42 Offline
forum member

Here's my predictions

Allentown

Webber -- I'm sick of seeing the no experience... They would be top 5 if they bowled more tournaments... They Are winning this sectional!

Robert Morris-- they might not be Robert Morris from Illinois but they are Robert Morris... And they got tim so yeah they r gettin through

St Johns -- the best east coast team hands down... They know how to make it happen

Pikeville-- nothing has to be said for them... They are good and they know it so get it done

Chatanooga

Vincennes-- Gary sparks knows how to build a team... These guys made a run at the Hoosier and are strong in bakers

Morehead-- I mean seriously who doesn't want more of that... No but really yum yum get you some

Saginaw valley-- so who cares if they lost toby.. They are Saginaw valley... And plus they have dan...

Robert Morris -- these guys can bowl and they proved it at the Hoosier!! Do work guys!

Fairview heights

WSU-- they will obviously make it through... I mean come on... They should just say take a month and a half off and we'll see you in Rockford.

Newman-- all I have to say is two words.. derek hartnell

Omaha-- they are great grinders.. They will have no problem beating everyone else except wsu and Newman

Lincoln-- they are going I mean look at what they did at the Hoosier... They so should have won

Las vegas

Lindenwood-- who cares if dean is gone... They are still good!!

Mckendree-- two initials raymond ... And yes we all know you guys aren't done yet

Fresno-- they are solid and get it done..

Unlv-- this team will def be fourth here because no one else will be close to the other three

So if This actually happens... Rockford is gonna be amazing!

Edited by Wicked42 (02/26/09 11:20 PM)

#6257 - 03/02/09 01:37 PM Re: Predictions [Re: Wicked42]
deuirej Offline
forum member

Loc: Kingston, NY
ill give my picks for the east..

RIT
Willy P
Pikeville
Webber

other teams that have a slim chance...
Penn St. Berks-celmer has to be on both days..seems like they lost there mojo
St. Johns - lost there lefty after the first semester which hurts the team a lot.. Mcauliffe and Chase will have to strike A LOT...

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910

Hop to:
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Generated in 0.161 seconds in which 0.114 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.