Teams
Rankings
Polls
Players
Alumni
Hall of Fame
Archive

Who's Online
0 registered and 52 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Karl Nickolai
westernalum
DMAC
uffleshuffle
rymac300
Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#5659 - 01/28/09 10:00 PM Megabucks
Deano2810 Offline
forum member

Any members of this board skipping a couple days of class to bowl the megabucks events in Vegas Jan 30-Feb 8?

I guess I probably shouldn't obviosuly , but I am heading out there anyway. If I do in fact get cleared for eligibility I have to miss the McK baker challenge. I think DMac will be out there too.

#5660 - 01/28/09 10:03 PM Re: Megabucks [Re: Deano2810]
tgp3 Offline
forum member

I'll be arriving in Vegas on the 6th...I'll probably bowl the last couple sqauds of the roller, then the boot hill sunday...then the masters the week after...
#5661 - 01/28/09 10:23 PM Re: Megabucks [Re: tgp3]
B-Red Offline
forum member

If you guys need any work done in the shops let me know, I'll help you guys out as much as I can. Safe travels, and best of luck to you both!

UNLV Bowling Team

K&K Bowling Services
http://www.kkbowl.com

#5662 - 01/28/09 11:10 PM Re: Megabucks [Re: B-Red]
TobyS Offline
forum member

wish i was going.. but i cant.. but best of luck to who ever is going there..

Jr Team USA 2008
Clash of Champions 2009 \:\)
Saginaw Valley State....

#5664 - 01/29/09 12:11 AM Re: Megabucks [Re: TobyS]
DMAC Offline
forum member

Loc: Saginaw, MI
your got that right mr. dean of college bowling =-) i will be out there on the 30th let me know where you staying, i'm at Sam's town you cant beat the cheap prices lol

#5675 - 01/29/09 12:20 PM Re: Megabucks [Re: Deano2810]
Greg Offline
forum member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
 Originally Posted By: Deano2810
Any members of this board skipping a couple days of class to bowl the megabucks events in Vegas Jan 30-Feb 8?

I guess I probably shouldn't obviosuly , but I am heading out there anyway. If I do in fact get cleared for eligibility I have to miss the McK baker challenge. I think DMac will be out there too.

Okay, being as friendly as possible here...

If you are academically uneligible for college bowling, should you be skipping class to go bowl in a tournament? Shouldn't you be in class improving your grades?

I know all people have different priorities in life, and bowling is certainly important in yours. However, I know in my life if my grades were slipping its the bowling that would go, not the class.

#5677 - 01/29/09 02:32 PM Re: Megabucks [Re: Greg]
uffleshuffle Offline
forum member

Loc: Iowa
I think that anyone making a comment about someone's eligibility or ineligibility due to grades should make sure that they spell ineligible correctly...

Uffman
Fremont, NE

#5678 - 01/29/09 03:34 PM Re: Megabucks [Re: uffleshuffle]
JohnGotti Offline
forum member

Real Slick Greg! The Roller is 50k now, where are the young bowlers at?
#5681 - 01/29/09 04:20 PM Re: Megabucks [Re: JohnGotti]
BallUBowler Offline
forum member

Loc: Muncie, IN
I think that most people who are ineligible, have already admitted their mistakes and taken responsibility for them them. So why should anyone beat them down even more for them? Most people even admit how easy it should have been to keep up the grades. I have heard no one blame anything/anyone but themselves for grades, so wheres the problem? As for Dean going to Vegas and missing class....Why do we all go to classes anyways? To strive for our career goals, to obtain our degree to get our desired job. For some, Bowling has been their life for about 18-25 years now. The people everyone keeps referring to about grades, are current/former Team USA members, so they have devoted a great deal of time and effort to bowling. Bowling is probably one of the hardest sports to compete at a serious level, and still maintain grades. Basketball/Football/Baseball players all have counselors and staff setting up their schedules and rearranging their exams and so forth to meet their schedule of sporting events. What do Bowlers get done for them? I realize we take on this responsibility knowing that ahead of time, but it CAN still be rough, especially in the Fall Semester with the big tourney schedules. I bowled for Ball State, so our tourney schedule was not that hectic, plus I have always focused on academics to a decent level. So I did not have a problem, but we have had many bowlers for us run into the same issues. The MegaBucks Events are big for any bowler. People who go bowl them are going to miss maybe one weeks worth of classes at the most, which if you're a responsible student, can easily be taken with you or made up in a timely manner.

Just my view on the topic. Some people value academics, some value bowling. Some try to value both, with emphasis on one or the other. Instead of criticism towards people who struggle, perhaps encouragement would be better?

#5686 - 01/29/09 04:56 PM Re: Megabucks [Re: BallUBowler]
Deano2810 Offline
forum member

Your killin me Greg. Obviously I realize the irony in my post. I don't know who you are but I imagine if you think you could compete, you would be out there too. I'll risk 2 days of school for a chance at several thousand dollars.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Hop to:
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Generated in 0.194 seconds in which 0.133 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.